- Preparation time
- 45 mins
- Cooking time
- 120 mins
- 4 people
- Total Cost
- £ 10.00
- Cost Per Person
- £ 2.50
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- 13th June 2016
Easy to cook
Worthy of the time
Satisfied yummy tummies
We really appreciate feedback and reviews on the recipes we create so if you have a moment to do so... would be great!
An alternative to the traditional Sunday Roast! (just to say, nothing can beat a proper Sunday Roast!) but this is a recipe which does not include some of those must have’s with the traditional Sunday Roast but it’s something with a difference and still has that fulfilling and packed with taste that you get normally with a little twist. Give it a go and judge for yourself… did I mention that it costs the fraction of the price that your normal roast dinner would cost?
- Pre-Heat oven to 180°C / 350°F Gas Mark 4
- Add a generous bit of oil to the baking tray
- Get your meat and roll it around in the oil, and add some Salt and Pepper
- Give it a good sprinkle of Dried Basil and Dried Mint, wrap it in foil and get it in the oven
- Slice up your spuds with placing them on a wooden spoon so you don't cut all the way through
- Place spuds in a dish and add some Salt and Pepper and get them in the oven
- Chop up your bacon rashers and add some pepper
- Chop up your chives
- Roughly chop up the Garlic, take the meat from the over and add the Garlic and place back in oven
- Add some oil to a pan and cook your bacon on a high heat until nice an crispy, remove and put to one side.
- Half and Half all your Carrots, get them in a dish and add Salt, Pepper and a good spinkle of Chives and get those in the Oven.
- Take out your spuds and Braise them and place back in the oven.
- Remove your meat from the oven once the Garlic looks dark and crispy, grind down the garlic in a bowl and put to one side (put the meat back in the oven!)
- Get your Carrots and Spuds from the oven and put them in a serving dish
- Get your meat out and slice away!
- Plate, Garnish (as in video) Serve and Enjoy!